Encephalitis claims 9 more lives in UP
Gorakhpur: Nine more people succumbed to encephalitis, taking the death count in the brain fever to 465 so far this year in Uttar Pradesh`s eastern region, health
officials said here on Wednesday.
Four encephalitis patients from Gorakhpur, two each from Kushinagar and Deoria and one from Mahrajganj succumbed to the illness in the last two days, they said.
With this, the death toll due to the viral disease rose to 465 this year, they said.
As many as 301 encephalitis patients are undergoing treatment at BRD Medical College.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!