Encephalitis claims 9 more lives in UP
Gorakhpur: Nine more people succumbed to encephalitis, taking the death count in the brain fever to 465 so far this year in Uttar Pradesh`s eastern region, health
officials said here on Wednesday.
Four encephalitis patients from Gorakhpur, two each from Kushinagar and Deoria and one from Mahrajganj succumbed to the illness in the last two days, they said.
With this, the death toll due to the viral disease rose to 465 this year, they said.
As many as 301 encephalitis patients are undergoing treatment at BRD Medical College.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra