Encephalitis claims five more lives, toll climbs to 211
Gorakhpur: Five persons died of
encephalitis in Gorakhpur, taking the death toll due to the
viral disease in Uttar Pradesh`s eastern region to 211 this
year, health official said here today.
All the five people died in BRD Medical College
Hospital here in the last two days, Additional Director
(Health) UK Srivastava said.
Of the total 211 deaths this year, 200 people died in
BRD MCH while the remaining died in other government hospitals
of the region - Gorakhpur, Siddharthnagar, Kushinagar,
Maharajganj, Basti and Deoria districts.
He said 16 new patients were admitted to the BRD
Medical College Hospital today.
As many as 165 patients are presently undergoing
treatment at the BRD MCH and various government hospitals of
the region, he said.
Encephalitis is an acute inflammation of the brain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday