Encephalitis claims five more lives, toll climbs to 211
Gorakhpur: Five persons died of
encephalitis in Gorakhpur, taking the death toll due to the
viral disease in Uttar Pradesh`s eastern region to 211 this
year, health official said here today.
All the five people died in BRD Medical College
Hospital here in the last two days, Additional Director
(Health) UK Srivastava said.
Of the total 211 deaths this year, 200 people died in
BRD MCH while the remaining died in other government hospitals
of the region - Gorakhpur, Siddharthnagar, Kushinagar,
Maharajganj, Basti and Deoria districts.
He said 16 new patients were admitted to the BRD
Medical College Hospital today.
As many as 165 patients are presently undergoing
treatment at the BRD MCH and various government hospitals of
the region, he said.
Encephalitis is an acute inflammation of the brain.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living