Encephalitis claims five more lives, toll climbs to 211
Gorakhpur: Five persons died of
encephalitis in Gorakhpur, taking the death toll due to the
viral disease in Uttar Pradesh`s eastern region to 211 this
year, health official said here today.
All the five people died in BRD Medical College
Hospital here in the last two days, Additional Director
(Health) UK Srivastava said.
Of the total 211 deaths this year, 200 people died in
BRD MCH while the remaining died in other government hospitals
of the region - Gorakhpur, Siddharthnagar, Kushinagar,
Maharajganj, Basti and Deoria districts.
He said 16 new patients were admitted to the BRD
Medical College Hospital today.
As many as 165 patients are presently undergoing
treatment at the BRD MCH and various government hospitals of
the region, he said.
Encephalitis is an acute inflammation of the brain.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan