Encephalitis claims five more lives, toll climbs to 211
Gorakhpur: Five persons died of
encephalitis in Gorakhpur, taking the death toll due to the
viral disease in Uttar Pradesh`s eastern region to 211 this
year, health official said here today.
All the five people died in BRD Medical College
Hospital here in the last two days, Additional Director
(Health) UK Srivastava said.
Of the total 211 deaths this year, 200 people died in
BRD MCH while the remaining died in other government hospitals
of the region - Gorakhpur, Siddharthnagar, Kushinagar,
Maharajganj, Basti and Deoria districts.
He said 16 new patients were admitted to the BRD
Medical College Hospital today.
As many as 165 patients are presently undergoing
treatment at the BRD MCH and various government hospitals of
the region, he said.
Encephalitis is an acute inflammation of the brain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda