Encephalitis claims five more lives, toll climbs to 211
Gorakhpur: Five persons died of
encephalitis in Gorakhpur, taking the death toll due to the
viral disease in Uttar Pradesh`s eastern region to 211 this
year, health official said here today.
All the five people died in BRD Medical College
Hospital here in the last two days, Additional Director
(Health) UK Srivastava said.
Of the total 211 deaths this year, 200 people died in
BRD MCH while the remaining died in other government hospitals
of the region - Gorakhpur, Siddharthnagar, Kushinagar,
Maharajganj, Basti and Deoria districts.
He said 16 new patients were admitted to the BRD
Medical College Hospital today.
As many as 165 patients are presently undergoing
treatment at the BRD MCH and various government hospitals of
the region, he said.
Encephalitis is an acute inflammation of the brain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars