Encephalitis claims two more lives, toll 159
Gorakhpur (UP): Two children succumbed to encephalitis at the BRD Medical College Hospital here, taking the death toll in the disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh this year to 159.
The children, who hailed from Gorakhpur and Kushinagar districts, died at the hospital yesterday, health officials said on Tuesday.
A total of 838 encephalitis patients were admitted to different government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti division this year of which 159 died, they said.
As many as 29 fresh patients of suspected encephalitis have been admitted to the BRD MCH during the past 24 hours, they said, adding 92 encephalitis patients are being treated at different government hospitals at present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened