Encephalitis claims two more lives, toll 159
Gorakhpur (UP): Two children succumbed to encephalitis at the BRD Medical College Hospital here, taking the death toll in the disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh this year to 159.
The children, who hailed from Gorakhpur and Kushinagar districts, died at the hospital yesterday, health officials said on Tuesday.
A total of 838 encephalitis patients were admitted to different government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti division this year of which 159 died, they said.
As many as 29 fresh patients of suspected encephalitis have been admitted to the BRD MCH during the past 24 hours, they said, adding 92 encephalitis patients are being treated at different government hospitals at present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery