Encephalitis death toll rises to 585 in UP
Gorakhpur: With five more children succumbing to encephalitis in eastern Uttar Pradesh, the death toll in the viral disease has climbed to 585 this year, a
senior health official said on Wednesday.
Five children suffering from the disease died in the BRD
Medical College hospital here yesterday, Additional Director
(Health) Diwakar Prasad said.
As many as 175 encephalitis patients are undergoing
treatment in BRD and other hospitals in the region, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win