Encephalitis death toll rises to 585 in UP
Gorakhpur: With five more children succumbing to encephalitis in eastern Uttar Pradesh, the death toll in the viral disease has climbed to 585 this year, a
senior health official said on Wednesday.
Five children suffering from the disease died in the BRD
Medical College hospital here yesterday, Additional Director
(Health) Diwakar Prasad said.
As many as 175 encephalitis patients are undergoing
treatment in BRD and other hospitals in the region, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city