Encephalitis toll in eastern UP crosses 100 mark
Gorakhpur: With two more persons
succumbing to Encephalitis, the death toll in the viral
disease spread in eastern Uttar Pradesh has crossed the 100
mark this year.
This year 101 patients succumbed to the deadly brain
fever out of which 75 were from Gorakhpur Mandal, doctors at
the BRD Medical College said here on Tuesday.
Since January 1, a total of 626 Encephalitis patients
were admitted to the BRD Medical College and other government
hospitals in the region. Out of this, 101 succumbed to the
disease, they said.
At present, there are 74 patients undergoing treatment
in Nehru Hospital of BRD Medical College.
Gorakhpur and Kushinagar are the worst affected
districts. There were 141 patients from Gorakhpur out of which
24 died. 25 deaths were reported from Kushinagar out of 127
The fever is caused by a virus found in pigs and is
transferred to humans by mosquito bite.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday