Engg student`s autopsy reveals injury marks
Ghaziabad: Post mortem report of engineering
student Abhishek Sahai, who allegedly committed suicide by
jumping from the roof of his hostel here, has revealed injury
marks on the body, police said today.
Sahai, 19, fell to his death from the roof of the hostel
of S R M Institute of Engineering and Management in Modi
Nagar, 20 kms from here, on August 15 and his family had
alleged that the incident was linked to ragging.
"The post mortem report indicates injuries. Whether they
were caused due to ragging or felling off the roof of the
fourth floor is yet to be ascertained," Circle Officer
Modinagar Anil Panday said.
Based on a written complaint of Jayant Sahai, the father
of the deceased, police had registered a case under section
147 (punishment for rioting), 302 (punishment for murder),
120b (punishment for criminal conspiracy) of IPC and under the
Anti Ragging Act against the dean of the University Manoj
Pandey, four students and a peon, SP (Rural) M M Beg said.
Beg said the matter was being investigated, however, no
one has been arrested so far.
Meanwhile, District Magistrate Hredesh Kumar directed all
colleges and institutions to form an anti-ragging committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested