Engg student`s autopsy reveals injury marks
Ghaziabad: Post mortem report of engineering
student Abhishek Sahai, who allegedly committed suicide by
jumping from the roof of his hostel here, has revealed injury
marks on the body, police said today.
Sahai, 19, fell to his death from the roof of the hostel
of S R M Institute of Engineering and Management in Modi
Nagar, 20 kms from here, on August 15 and his family had
alleged that the incident was linked to ragging.
"The post mortem report indicates injuries. Whether they
were caused due to ragging or felling off the roof of the
fourth floor is yet to be ascertained," Circle Officer
Modinagar Anil Panday said.
Based on a written complaint of Jayant Sahai, the father
of the deceased, police had registered a case under section
147 (punishment for rioting), 302 (punishment for murder),
120b (punishment for criminal conspiracy) of IPC and under the
Anti Ragging Act against the dean of the University Manoj
Pandey, four students and a peon, SP (Rural) M M Beg said.
Beg said the matter was being investigated, however, no
one has been arrested so far.
Meanwhile, District Magistrate Hredesh Kumar directed all
colleges and institutions to form an anti-ragging committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16