Engine of Gonda Express catches fire; passengers safe
Bahraich: A fire broke out in the engine of the Gonda-Bareilly Gonda Express between Risia and Matera railway stations last night, following which some panic-stricken passengers jumped off the train.
No passenger was injured in the incident that took place at about 10.32 PM.
Some of the passengers jumped off from their respective bogies after the fire broke out and informed railway authorities, eyewitnesses and passengers said, adding the train was moving at a slow pace when the fire started.
A team of railway and fire department officials took two hours to douse the fire.
PRO, Northern Railways, Alok Srivastava said the cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained and the incident would be probed.
The train was later sent to its destination with the help of another engine at about 2.55 AM.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers