Engine of Gonda Express catches fire; passengers safe
Bahraich: A fire broke out in the engine of the Gonda-Bareilly Gonda Express between Risia and Matera railway stations last night, following which some panic-stricken passengers jumped off the train.
No passenger was injured in the incident that took place at about 10.32 PM.
Some of the passengers jumped off from their respective bogies after the fire broke out and informed railway authorities, eyewitnesses and passengers said, adding the train was moving at a slow pace when the fire started.
A team of railway and fire department officials took two hours to douse the fire.
PRO, Northern Railways, Alok Srivastava said the cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained and the incident would be probed.
The train was later sent to its destination with the help of another engine at about 2.55 AM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what