Engine of Gonda Express catches fire; passengers safe
Bahraich: A fire broke out in the engine of the Gonda-Bareilly Gonda Express between Risia and Matera railway stations last night, following which some panic-stricken passengers jumped off the train.
No passenger was injured in the incident that took place at about 10.32 PM.
Some of the passengers jumped off from their respective bogies after the fire broke out and informed railway authorities, eyewitnesses and passengers said, adding the train was moving at a slow pace when the fire started.
A team of railway and fire department officials took two hours to douse the fire.
PRO, Northern Railways, Alok Srivastava said the cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained and the incident would be probed.
The train was later sent to its destination with the help of another engine at about 2.55 AM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port