Engine of Gonda Express catches fire; passengers safe
Bahraich: A fire broke out in the engine of the Gonda-Bareilly Gonda Express between Risia and Matera railway stations last night, following which some panic-stricken passengers jumped off the train.
No passenger was injured in the incident that took place at about 10.32 PM.
Some of the passengers jumped off from their respective bogies after the fire broke out and informed railway authorities, eyewitnesses and passengers said, adding the train was moving at a slow pace when the fire started.
A team of railway and fire department officials took two hours to douse the fire.
PRO, Northern Railways, Alok Srivastava said the cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained and the incident would be probed.
The train was later sent to its destination with the help of another engine at about 2.55 AM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'