Engineering student commits suicide
Muzaffarnagar: A 22-year-old engineering student allegedly committed suicide by jumping in front of a train here, police said Friday.
Sandeep Tyagi yesterday jumped in front of a train on Delhi-Ambala railway line here, they said.
Body of the victim has been sent for postmortem, they said, adding that investigation in the case is on.
In another incident, a 55-year-old woman was killed after she came in front of a train here, police said.
Sarwari Begum was killed yesterday when she came in front of a train while trying to cross the platform at the railway station here, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Erdogan says EU `biased and prejudiced` towards Turkey after coup bid
- Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader appeals sentence
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days
- Piramal Enterprises to raise Rs 300 cr via non-convertible debentures