Engineering student commits suicide
Muzaffarnagar: A 22-year-old engineering student allegedly committed suicide by jumping in front of a train here, police said Friday.
Sandeep Tyagi yesterday jumped in front of a train on Delhi-Ambala railway line here, they said.
Body of the victim has been sent for postmortem, they said, adding that investigation in the case is on.
In another incident, a 55-year-old woman was killed after she came in front of a train here, police said.
Sarwari Begum was killed yesterday when she came in front of a train while trying to cross the platform at the railway station here, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka