Engineering student ends life by jumping off water-tank
Ghaziabad: A 19-year-old Engineering student allegedly committed suicide by jumping off a water-tank of Ghaziabad Nagar Nigam (GNN) in Railway Colony here, police said Wednesday.
The deceased, identified as Shivangi, a third year B Tech student at a private college here, was a native of Mainpuri and had gone back home to celebrate Diwali, they said.
"She had gone to her house in Mainpuri to celebrate Diwali. On Tuesday, she got off the train at Ghaziabad railway station this afternoon. Thereafter, she went to Railway Colony near Ghaziabad railway station, climbed up the water-tank and jumped to death," a senior police officer said.
The girl`s parents have been informed about the incident, they said.
"We have not recovered any suicide note from girl`s body. Police have sent her body for postmortem examination," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city