Engineering student ends life by jumping off water-tank
Ghaziabad: A 19-year-old Engineering student allegedly committed suicide by jumping off a water-tank of Ghaziabad Nagar Nigam (GNN) in Railway Colony here, police said Wednesday.
The deceased, identified as Shivangi, a third year B Tech student at a private college here, was a native of Mainpuri and had gone back home to celebrate Diwali, they said.
"She had gone to her house in Mainpuri to celebrate Diwali. On Tuesday, she got off the train at Ghaziabad railway station this afternoon. Thereafter, she went to Railway Colony near Ghaziabad railway station, climbed up the water-tank and jumped to death," a senior police officer said.
The girl`s parents have been informed about the incident, they said.
"We have not recovered any suicide note from girl`s body. Police have sent her body for postmortem examination," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you