Engineering student ends life by jumping off water-tank
Ghaziabad: A 19-year-old Engineering student allegedly committed suicide by jumping off a water-tank of Ghaziabad Nagar Nigam (GNN) in Railway Colony here, police said Wednesday.
The deceased, identified as Shivangi, a third year B Tech student at a private college here, was a native of Mainpuri and had gone back home to celebrate Diwali, they said.
"She had gone to her house in Mainpuri to celebrate Diwali. On Tuesday, she got off the train at Ghaziabad railway station this afternoon. Thereafter, she went to Railway Colony near Ghaziabad railway station, climbed up the water-tank and jumped to death," a senior police officer said.
The girl`s parents have been informed about the incident, they said.
"We have not recovered any suicide note from girl`s body. Police have sent her body for postmortem examination," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged