Ensure calls are attended on helpline no: UP govt
Lucknow: Taking note of reports that phone calls on helpline numbers set up for information regarding Uttarakhand rain tragedy were not responded, the Uttar Pradesh government on Friday cautioned the concerned officials of strict action for dereliction of duty.
"We have set up helpline numbers and asked officers to ensure that they run 24 hours. We will initiate strict action against those who are not picking up phones or not doing their duties sincerely," Cabinet minister Shivpal Yadav told reporters.
Yadav was reacting on reports that helpline numbers being given by the state government were not picked by the concerned officials.
Meanwhile, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has directed state Transport Corporation to provide free services to the people struck in calamity-hit Uttarakhand.
On his directives, the Corporation has deployed 100 buses on New Delhi-Haridwar-Rishikesh route, 75 buses from Saharanpur to Dehradun and 20 and 10 buses each in Kotwar and Haldwani to transport passengers, a statement said.
The helpline numbers are 0522-2238200 and 0522-2236740.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi