Ensure calls are attended on helpline no: UP govt
Lucknow: Taking note of reports that phone calls on helpline numbers set up for information regarding Uttarakhand rain tragedy were not responded, the Uttar Pradesh government on Friday cautioned the concerned officials of strict action for dereliction of duty.
"We have set up helpline numbers and asked officers to ensure that they run 24 hours. We will initiate strict action against those who are not picking up phones or not doing their duties sincerely," Cabinet minister Shivpal Yadav told reporters.
Yadav was reacting on reports that helpline numbers being given by the state government were not picked by the concerned officials.
Meanwhile, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has directed state Transport Corporation to provide free services to the people struck in calamity-hit Uttarakhand.
On his directives, the Corporation has deployed 100 buses on New Delhi-Haridwar-Rishikesh route, 75 buses from Saharanpur to Dehradun and 20 and 10 buses each in Kotwar and Haldwani to transport passengers, a statement said.
The helpline numbers are 0522-2238200 and 0522-2236740.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Syrian base used by Russia damaged in IS attack: Report
- Those who don''t gossip could become saints, says Pope
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against Arvind Kejriwal govt, Centre on May 28