Ensure security during Diwali: UP CM to police
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday directed officers to step up security arrangements in the state ahead of Diwali to maintain communal harmony during the festival.
The CM has directed police officials to ensure security during Diwali so that unscrupulous elements could not vitiate the atmosphere of the state, official sources said here.
Yadav has also asked officials of the concerned department to ensure power supply on the occasion, they added.
He appealed to people to burst less crackers on Diwali in view of environmental concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured