Ensure security during Diwali: UP CM to police
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday directed officers to step up security arrangements in the state ahead of Diwali to maintain communal harmony during the festival.
The CM has directed police officials to ensure security during Diwali so that unscrupulous elements could not vitiate the atmosphere of the state, official sources said here.
Yadav has also asked officials of the concerned department to ensure power supply on the occasion, they added.
He appealed to people to burst less crackers on Diwali in view of environmental concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- NSG collapse Modi Govt's "biggest foreign policy failure'', says JDU
- Premier League: Clubs hope transfers don't take Brexit pounding
- From Modi to Obama, know which smartphones are used by top world leaders
- Rajnath Singh told by JD(U): Nothing will happen with verbal warnings
- Euro 2016: After 4-0 rout vs Hungary, Eden Hazard can't wait for Wales in quarters