Ensure security during Diwali: UP CM to police
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday directed officers to step up security arrangements in the state ahead of Diwali to maintain communal harmony during the festival.
The CM has directed police officials to ensure security during Diwali so that unscrupulous elements could not vitiate the atmosphere of the state, official sources said here.
Yadav has also asked officials of the concerned department to ensure power supply on the occasion, they added.
He appealed to people to burst less crackers on Diwali in view of environmental concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?