Ensure security during Diwali: UP CM to police
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday directed officers to step up security arrangements in the state ahead of Diwali to maintain communal harmony during the festival.
The CM has directed police officials to ensure security during Diwali so that unscrupulous elements could not vitiate the atmosphere of the state, official sources said here.
Yadav has also asked officials of the concerned department to ensure power supply on the occasion, they added.
He appealed to people to burst less crackers on Diwali in view of environmental concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata