Ensure security during Diwali: UP CM to police
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday directed officers to step up security arrangements in the state ahead of Diwali to maintain communal harmony during the festival.
The CM has directed police officials to ensure security during Diwali so that unscrupulous elements could not vitiate the atmosphere of the state, official sources said here.
Yadav has also asked officials of the concerned department to ensure power supply on the occasion, they added.
He appealed to people to burst less crackers on Diwali in view of environmental concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre