Every 75th person a law breaker in Meerut: Police
Meerut: Every 75th person in Uttar Pradesh`s
Meerut district is a law breaker, claimed a senior police
In last eight months, as many as 39,184 people have been
booked in criminal cases in the district which has a
population of about 30 lakh.
"In August alone, police identified 4,286 people as law
breakers," Superintendent of Police (Rural) Anant Deo said.
He further claimed that Meerut has become a stronghold of
illegal arms holders. "As many as 1,305 illegal arms were
seized in last eight months and 10 firing incidents were
reported in the district."
Besides, 70 people were booked under the Gangsters Act
between January and August and 557 arrested under the Goonda
Act, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!