Every 75th person a law breaker in Meerut: Police
Meerut: Every 75th person in Uttar Pradesh`s
Meerut district is a law breaker, claimed a senior police
In last eight months, as many as 39,184 people have been
booked in criminal cases in the district which has a
population of about 30 lakh.
"In August alone, police identified 4,286 people as law
breakers," Superintendent of Police (Rural) Anant Deo said.
He further claimed that Meerut has become a stronghold of
illegal arms holders. "As many as 1,305 illegal arms were
seized in last eight months and 10 firing incidents were
reported in the district."
Besides, 70 people were booked under the Gangsters Act
between January and August and 557 arrested under the Goonda
Act, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends