Every 75th person a law breaker in Meerut: Police
Meerut: Every 75th person in Uttar Pradesh`s
Meerut district is a law breaker, claimed a senior police
In last eight months, as many as 39,184 people have been
booked in criminal cases in the district which has a
population of about 30 lakh.
"In August alone, police identified 4,286 people as law
breakers," Superintendent of Police (Rural) Anant Deo said.
He further claimed that Meerut has become a stronghold of
illegal arms holders. "As many as 1,305 illegal arms were
seized in last eight months and 10 firing incidents were
reported in the district."
Besides, 70 people were booked under the Gangsters Act
between January and August and 557 arrested under the Goonda
Act, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Surprising! Kumar Sangakkara picks Rahul Dravid over Sachin Tendulkar in his All-Time XI
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor