Ex-block head dies during police raid in Sultanpur
Sultanpur: A former block head died when
police raided his house on Tuesday in search of his son following
which irate villagers briefly held a police official hostage.
Police team led by Station House Officer (Haliyapur) Ram
Lal Kamle raided the house of Eklaq Ahmed in search of his son
who has eloped with a girl, SP Govind Agarwal said.
The SP maintained that Eklaq died of heart attack before
the team reached the house.
Villagers, however, alleged that he died due to shock on
seeing the police party and inhuman behaviour of the SHO.
PAC personnel were rushed to the area and the officer was
freed, Agarwal said, adding that the situation is now under
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning