Ex-block head dies during police raid in Sultanpur
Sultanpur: A former block head died when
police raided his house on Tuesday in search of his son following
which irate villagers briefly held a police official hostage.
Police team led by Station House Officer (Haliyapur) Ram
Lal Kamle raided the house of Eklaq Ahmed in search of his son
who has eloped with a girl, SP Govind Agarwal said.
The SP maintained that Eklaq died of heart attack before
the team reached the house.
Villagers, however, alleged that he died due to shock on
seeing the police party and inhuman behaviour of the SHO.
PAC personnel were rushed to the area and the officer was
freed, Agarwal said, adding that the situation is now under
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam