Ex-block head dies during police raid in Sultanpur
Sultanpur: A former block head died when
police raided his house on Tuesday in search of his son following
which irate villagers briefly held a police official hostage.
Police team led by Station House Officer (Haliyapur) Ram
Lal Kamle raided the house of Eklaq Ahmed in search of his son
who has eloped with a girl, SP Govind Agarwal said.
The SP maintained that Eklaq died of heart attack before
the team reached the house.
Villagers, however, alleged that he died due to shock on
seeing the police party and inhuman behaviour of the SHO.
PAC personnel were rushed to the area and the officer was
freed, Agarwal said, adding that the situation is now under
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened