Ex-BSP minister booked for disproportionate assets
Banda: An FIR has been lodged against former BSP minister Naseemudin Siddiqui by vigilance department for allegedly possessing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Inspector of vigilance establishment at Allahabad, Bharatratna Varshney lodged FIR against BSP national general secretary Siddiqui at Kotwali police station Saturday, Additional Superintendent of Police Swami Prasad said.
On July 2, the Uttar Pradesh government gave permission to the vigilance department to lodge FIR under the Anti- Corruption Act against three former BSP ministers -- Siddiqui, Babu Singh Kushwaha and Rangnath Misra -- following inquiry ordered by the Lokayukta.
Siddiqui, a BSP heavyweight and party`s Muslim face, is facing charges of possessing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income. The charges were probed by the vigilance department on the directives of the UP Lokayukta, home department sources said.
The open inquiry by the vigilance had found that in comparison with Siddiqui`s income of Rs 69.96 lakh between 1997 and 2012, his expenditures were Rs 14.32 crore, sources said.
Similarly, in case of Mishra, the vigilance inquiry found his income between 2007 -2012 as Rs 1.57 crore as compared to which his spendings were Rs 7.61 crore, sources said.
In case of Kushwaha also, the Lokayukta had recommended a probe following which the vigilance department had conducted an open probe and submitted its report in April.
The vigilance report in all the three cases had recommended lodging FIRs against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert