Ex-BSP MLA among 8 booked for murder of village head
Deoria: Eight persons, including a former BSP MLA, were on Friday booked in connection with the murder of a village head in Patharhut area.
Arun Singh was shot dead in Patharhut area last evening, SP Umesh Kumar Srivastava said.
"A case has been lodged against former BSP MLA Pramod Singh and seven others, including a woman Malti Singh, in connection with murder of Arun Singh," Srivastava said.
The officer said that the former MLA has been accused of hatching conspiracy.
One accused Sudeep Singh has been arrested, the SP said.
The former village head and panchayat member Singh was shot dead by some person in Gouri Bazar village in Patharhut area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?