Ex-BSP MLA among 8 booked for murder of village head
Deoria: Eight persons, including a former BSP MLA, were on Friday booked in connection with the murder of a village head in Patharhut area.
Arun Singh was shot dead in Patharhut area last evening, SP Umesh Kumar Srivastava said.
"A case has been lodged against former BSP MLA Pramod Singh and seven others, including a woman Malti Singh, in connection with murder of Arun Singh," Srivastava said.
The officer said that the former MLA has been accused of hatching conspiracy.
One accused Sudeep Singh has been arrested, the SP said.
The former village head and panchayat member Singh was shot dead by some person in Gouri Bazar village in Patharhut area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal