Ex-BSP MLA among 8 booked for murder of village head
Deoria: Eight persons, including a former BSP MLA, were on Friday booked in connection with the murder of a village head in Patharhut area.
Arun Singh was shot dead in Patharhut area last evening, SP Umesh Kumar Srivastava said.
"A case has been lodged against former BSP MLA Pramod Singh and seven others, including a woman Malti Singh, in connection with murder of Arun Singh," Srivastava said.
The officer said that the former MLA has been accused of hatching conspiracy.
One accused Sudeep Singh has been arrested, the SP said.
The former village head and panchayat member Singh was shot dead by some person in Gouri Bazar village in Patharhut area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach