Ex-BSP MLA among 8 booked for murder of village head
Deoria: Eight persons, including a former BSP MLA, were on Friday booked in connection with the murder of a village head in Patharhut area.
Arun Singh was shot dead in Patharhut area last evening, SP Umesh Kumar Srivastava said.
"A case has been lodged against former BSP MLA Pramod Singh and seven others, including a woman Malti Singh, in connection with murder of Arun Singh," Srivastava said.
The officer said that the former MLA has been accused of hatching conspiracy.
One accused Sudeep Singh has been arrested, the SP said.
The former village head and panchayat member Singh was shot dead by some person in Gouri Bazar village in Patharhut area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Doomed EgyptAir flight broke up midair after fire: Report
- Pokemon Go daily used twice as much as Facebook
- Virat Kohli: Five incredible records set by India captain during 200-run knock
- In Gujarat, 95 of 100 suspects in crimes against Dalits acquitted
- Four people killed in Darjeeling building collapse