Ex-BSP MLA among 8 booked for murder of village head
Deoria: Eight persons, including a former BSP MLA, were on Friday booked in connection with the murder of a village head in Patharhut area.
Arun Singh was shot dead in Patharhut area last evening, SP Umesh Kumar Srivastava said.
"A case has been lodged against former BSP MLA Pramod Singh and seven others, including a woman Malti Singh, in connection with murder of Arun Singh," Srivastava said.
The officer said that the former MLA has been accused of hatching conspiracy.
One accused Sudeep Singh has been arrested, the SP said.
The former village head and panchayat member Singh was shot dead by some person in Gouri Bazar village in Patharhut area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Delhi University releases seventh cut-off list, admission process begins today
- Man dies in fire in Delhi's Hauz Khas
- Song alert! 'Besabriyaan' from Sushant Singh Rajput's 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story' OUT—Watch
- Thai junta rules out link between latest bombings and earlier deadly attacks
- 'Befikre' Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor's latest STILL will make you standstill!