Ex-gratia for UP`s IAF men killed in chopper crash
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government Wednesday announced an ex-gratia of Rs.20 lakh each to the kin of two IAF personnel from the state who died in Tuesday`s chopper crash in Uttarakhand.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announced the ex-gratia for the kin of Junior Warrant Officer Akhilesh Kumar Singh and Sergeant Sudhakar Yadav.
"This is a great loss as people serving pilgrims in this massive natural calamity died trying to rescue them in inclement weather," Akhilesh Yadav said.
Akhilesh Kumar Singh was a resident of Amethi while Sudhakar Yadav was from Sant Kabir Nagar district.
An Indian Air Force (IAF) Mi-17 V5 helicopter crashed Tuesday while engaged on a rescue mission in Uttarakhand killing 20 people, including its five crew members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'