Ex-gratia for UP`s IAF men killed in chopper crash
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government Wednesday announced an ex-gratia of Rs.20 lakh each to the kin of two IAF personnel from the state who died in Tuesday`s chopper crash in Uttarakhand.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announced the ex-gratia for the kin of Junior Warrant Officer Akhilesh Kumar Singh and Sergeant Sudhakar Yadav.
"This is a great loss as people serving pilgrims in this massive natural calamity died trying to rescue them in inclement weather," Akhilesh Yadav said.
Akhilesh Kumar Singh was a resident of Amethi while Sudhakar Yadav was from Sant Kabir Nagar district.
An Indian Air Force (IAF) Mi-17 V5 helicopter crashed Tuesday while engaged on a rescue mission in Uttarakhand killing 20 people, including its five crew members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family