Ex-MLA, five others booked for assaulting BDO
Nurpur: Police Friday booked former Nurpur MLA Rakesh Pathania and five others for allegedly assaulting the Nurpur Block Development Officer (BDO) and two other employees in their office.
The police booked former MLA Rakesh Pathania and five others for assaulting government servants on duty, trespassing and causing public nuisance under sections 147, 149, 452, 332, 353, 506 and 34 of of the IPC on the complaint of BDO Sushil Chowdhary.
A large number of people led by Pathania along with relatives Vinod Kumar, an employee of watershed project, who was found dead under mysterious circumstances in the forests ten days ago, started protesting in front of the BDO office against the failure of police to arrest the culprits and allegedly went on a rampage.
The BDO had to lock the office from inside and other employees ran for safety, it was alleged.
Police reached the spot and rescued the BDO and two other employees from the office.
The BDO alleged that the mob entered his office and tried to drag him out and said, he will not go to office unless adequate protection was provided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH