Ex-MLA, five others booked for assaulting BDO
Nurpur: Police Friday booked former Nurpur MLA Rakesh Pathania and five others for allegedly assaulting the Nurpur Block Development Officer (BDO) and two other employees in their office.
The police booked former MLA Rakesh Pathania and five others for assaulting government servants on duty, trespassing and causing public nuisance under sections 147, 149, 452, 332, 353, 506 and 34 of of the IPC on the complaint of BDO Sushil Chowdhary.
A large number of people led by Pathania along with relatives Vinod Kumar, an employee of watershed project, who was found dead under mysterious circumstances in the forests ten days ago, started protesting in front of the BDO office against the failure of police to arrest the culprits and allegedly went on a rampage.
The BDO had to lock the office from inside and other employees ran for safety, it was alleged.
Police reached the spot and rescued the BDO and two other employees from the office.
The BDO alleged that the mob entered his office and tried to drag him out and said, he will not go to office unless adequate protection was provided.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- WATCH: SHOCKING! When Ashish Nehra abused Mahendra Singh Dhoni for dropping Shahid Afridi's catch
- 58 weightlifters caught for doping last year: Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal
- PM Modi wants BJP MPs, ministers to highlight govt's schemes like LPG coverage, electrification of villages
- Tibet govt-in-exile in Dharamsala unpopular among Tibetans: China
- Turkey to abolish visas for EU states including Cyprus under migrant deal