Ex-MLA`s murder: Man injured in police firing dead
Azamgarh: One more person, allegedly injured in police firing during protests against killing of former MLA Sarvesh Kumar Singh Seepu, succumbed to his injuries on Tuesday.
Sanjay Vishwakarma, was admitted to a hospital in Varanasi after he got injured in police firing on Friday during violent protests against the killing of BSP leader Seepu and another person, official sources said.
With this three persons have been killed in police firing so far.
Former SP MLA Seepu and another person identified as Bharat Rai were shot dead by three motorcycle borne assailants in front of the former`s house on Friday last, following which his supporters clashed with police resulting in the death of two persons and injuries to 18 others, including policemen.
Over 2,000 people attacked Jiyanpur police station, indulged into arson and opened fire, IG law and order R K Vishkarma had told reporters.
As the mob clashed, police had to open fire and two persons identified as Jitendra Gupta (25) and Chandra Bhanu (48) later died due to gunshot injuries, Vishkarma said adding that it would be known later through post mortem examination as to whether they died in police firing.Six policemen and 12 others including a journalist were admitted to a local hospital, he said.
The mob also snatched rifles from policemen, indulged in brick-batting and tried to set police station afire, said police. PTI
Six policemen and 12 others including a journalist were admitted to a local hospital, he said.
The mob also snatched rifles from policemen, indulged in brick-batting and tried to set police station afire, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes