Ex-MP Atique Ahmad to contest as SP candidate from Sultanpur
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party Friday declared former MP Atique Ahmad as its candidate from Sultanpur constituency for the Lok Sabha elections.
"SP has named former MP Atique Ahmad as its candidate for Sultanpur constituency in place of Shakeel Ahmad," party national general secretary and spokesman Ramgopal Yadav said in a statement here.
Atique, who has several criminal cases pending against him, was the member of 14th Lok Sabha from Phulpur constituency.
In last elections he contested from Pratapgarh constituency on Apna Dal ticket, but lost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in