Ex-MP Atique Ahmad to contest as SP candidate from Sultanpur
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party Friday declared former MP Atique Ahmad as its candidate from Sultanpur constituency for the Lok Sabha elections.
"SP has named former MP Atique Ahmad as its candidate for Sultanpur constituency in place of Shakeel Ahmad," party national general secretary and spokesman Ramgopal Yadav said in a statement here.
Atique, who has several criminal cases pending against him, was the member of 14th Lok Sabha from Phulpur constituency.
In last elections he contested from Pratapgarh constituency on Apna Dal ticket, but lost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says