Ex-MP Atique Ahmad to contest as SP candidate from Sultanpur
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party Friday declared former MP Atique Ahmad as its candidate from Sultanpur constituency for the Lok Sabha elections.
"SP has named former MP Atique Ahmad as its candidate for Sultanpur constituency in place of Shakeel Ahmad," party national general secretary and spokesman Ramgopal Yadav said in a statement here.
Atique, who has several criminal cases pending against him, was the member of 14th Lok Sabha from Phulpur constituency.
In last elections he contested from Pratapgarh constituency on Apna Dal ticket, but lost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning