Ex-SP leader joins BSP
Amethi: Former Samajwadi Party leader Priyank Hari Vijay Tripathi, alias Dhiru, on Saturday joined Bahujan Samaj Party in the presence of its state president Ram Achal Rajbhar at a meeting at Jagdishpur here.
Former Uttar Pradesh minister Swami Prasad Maurya, too, was present on the occasion.
Tripathi was denied an Assembly ticket by SP in the last elections, whereupon, he had contested as an independent.
BSP`s Amethi unit president Suresh Kamal claimed that the development would come as a boost for the party in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city