Ex-Uttar Pradesh minister receives death threats
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh minister and senior Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Naseemuddin Siddiqui has received death threats on phone, police said Tuesday.
A complaint has been lodged with police by the personal staff of Siddiqui, one of the closest aides of former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati.
In the complaint, the minister`s personal secretary Shyam Bihari Dixit has said that someone called up on Naseemuddin Siddiqui`s cell phone number 5-6 times but as he was busy with work he did not take the call.
When the phone rang again, another staff member took the call and the caller identified himself as personal secretary of some Manoj Tiwari.
The caller told the staff that he only wanted to talk to Siddiqui after which the former minister took the call, only to be abused by the caller and told that he would be killed if he did not pay heed to what they were saying.
The former Public Works Department (PWD) minister hung up on the caller and asked his staff to lodge a police complaint.
Police said they were working on the case and trying to locate the cell number from which the call had come.
"We have the complaint and we are now trying to trace the number and verify the identity of the person who holds the number from which the threat call came," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi