Ex-Uttar Pradesh minister receives death threats
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh minister and senior Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Naseemuddin Siddiqui has received death threats on phone, police said Tuesday.
A complaint has been lodged with police by the personal staff of Siddiqui, one of the closest aides of former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati.
In the complaint, the minister`s personal secretary Shyam Bihari Dixit has said that someone called up on Naseemuddin Siddiqui`s cell phone number 5-6 times but as he was busy with work he did not take the call.
When the phone rang again, another staff member took the call and the caller identified himself as personal secretary of some Manoj Tiwari.
The caller told the staff that he only wanted to talk to Siddiqui after which the former minister took the call, only to be abused by the caller and told that he would be killed if he did not pay heed to what they were saying.
The former Public Works Department (PWD) minister hung up on the caller and asked his staff to lodge a police complaint.
Police said they were working on the case and trying to locate the cell number from which the call had come.
"We have the complaint and we are now trying to trace the number and verify the identity of the person who holds the number from which the threat call came," a police official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!