Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17: SC to CBI
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Monday adjourned the hearing on the bail plea of Nupur Talwar while directing the CBI to complete by Sep 17 the examination of 13 "material witnesses" in the Aarushi Talwar and Hemraj double murder case.
The apex court bench of Justice AK Patnaik and Justice JS Khehar told senior counsel Sidharth Luthra, appearing for the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), to complete the examination of 13 prosecution witnesses by Sep 17, the next date of hearing.
The court asked Aarushi`s parents and accused, Nupur Talwar and Rajesh Talwar, to cooperate in the process.
Nupur Talwar was taken into custody April 30. She challenged the May 31 Allahabad High Court order rejecting her plea for bail. She is lodged in Dasna jail in Ghaziabad. Rajesh Talwar is out on bail.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of her domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news