Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17: SC to CBI
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Monday adjourned the hearing on the bail plea of Nupur Talwar while directing the CBI to complete by Sep 17 the examination of 13 "material witnesses" in the Aarushi Talwar and Hemraj double murder case.
The apex court bench of Justice AK Patnaik and Justice JS Khehar told senior counsel Sidharth Luthra, appearing for the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), to complete the examination of 13 prosecution witnesses by Sep 17, the next date of hearing.
The court asked Aarushi`s parents and accused, Nupur Talwar and Rajesh Talwar, to cooperate in the process.
Nupur Talwar was taken into custody April 30. She challenged the May 31 Allahabad High Court order rejecting her plea for bail. She is lodged in Dasna jail in Ghaziabad. Rajesh Talwar is out on bail.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of her domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi