Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17: SC to CBI
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Monday adjourned the hearing on the bail plea of Nupur Talwar while directing the CBI to complete by Sep 17 the examination of 13 "material witnesses" in the Aarushi Talwar and Hemraj double murder case.
The apex court bench of Justice AK Patnaik and Justice JS Khehar told senior counsel Sidharth Luthra, appearing for the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), to complete the examination of 13 prosecution witnesses by Sep 17, the next date of hearing.
The court asked Aarushi`s parents and accused, Nupur Talwar and Rajesh Talwar, to cooperate in the process.
Nupur Talwar was taken into custody April 30. She challenged the May 31 Allahabad High Court order rejecting her plea for bail. She is lodged in Dasna jail in Ghaziabad. Rajesh Talwar is out on bail.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of her domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister