Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17: SC to CBI
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Monday adjourned the hearing on the bail plea of Nupur Talwar while directing the CBI to complete by Sep 17 the examination of 13 "material witnesses" in the Aarushi Talwar and Hemraj double murder case.
The apex court bench of Justice AK Patnaik and Justice JS Khehar told senior counsel Sidharth Luthra, appearing for the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), to complete the examination of 13 prosecution witnesses by Sep 17, the next date of hearing.
The court asked Aarushi`s parents and accused, Nupur Talwar and Rajesh Talwar, to cooperate in the process.
Nupur Talwar was taken into custody April 30. She challenged the May 31 Allahabad High Court order rejecting her plea for bail. She is lodged in Dasna jail in Ghaziabad. Rajesh Talwar is out on bail.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of her domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife