Exorcist, died in police custody, ate kidney
Lucknow: An exorcist, who died in custody
after being arrested for allegedly sacrificing a five-year-old
girl in Barabanki district, removed and ate one of her
kidneys, police said on Tuesday.
"Investigation into death of Savita, whose body was
recovered from a field on June 11 in Ghungter area (of
Barabanki), has revealed that her kidney was taken out and
eaten by exorcist Gaya Prasad," Special Director General of
Police Brij Lal told reporters here.
Meanwhile, four personnel, including station officer,
have been suspended after Prasad died on the way to a hospital
after felling ill in police custody.
Savita came to attend a marriage function along with her
family in Bhitokar on June 8 and went missing on the same
night. "On June 11, her body was recovered with multiple
injury marks on face, chest and abdomen and in post mortem it
was found that one of her kidneys was missing," the official
Anil, childless uncle of the girl, who had taken her to
the occultist was also arrested on Tuesday.
Lal said that the duo took Savita to a field, where
they killed her and then Prasad removed the kidney and ate it.
"As it is the case of custodial death four policemen,
including station officer of Ghungter, have been suspended and
a case was lodged on a complaint of Gaya`s brother Ramesh," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- Solar Impulse 2 begins its final flight of world tour, heads to Abu dhabi
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage