Explosives seized in Mirzapur
Mirzapur: Explosives were on Sunday seized and two persons arrested during a raid in Ahraura area of this Naxal-hit district in Uttar Pradesh.
Acting on a tip off, a raid was carried out during which 2,160 gelatin rods and 3,000 detonators were seized, police said.
Two persons have been arrested and were being interrogated in connection with the seizure.
A jeep was also recovered from the spot and it is suspected that the vehicle was used to transport the explosives, it said.
There have been several instances of recovery of explosives over the last several months in Mirzapur, which is a Naxal affected area.
Following recovery of explosives, District Magistrate Anil Dingra and SP R S Yadav have reached the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan