Explosives seized in UP’s Sonbhadra
Sonbhadra: A huge cache of ammonium nitrate - widely used as an explosive - was recovered from this Maoist-affected Uttar Pradesh district, police said on Wednesday.
Nearly 80 quintals of the explosive was recovered on Tuesday from a secluded place in Obra town, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"We have no idea how such a huge quantity of the explosive reached Obra," police inspector Seshdhar Pandey told reporters.
"However, taking into account the Maoist movement in certain areas of Sonbhadra, we cannot rule out the involvement of Maoist groups in bringing the explosive for carrying out attacks on policemen. Investigations are on," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- SC's ultimatum to DLF: Give possession to Panchkula Valley home buyers by Nov 30
- In Haryana's Mewat, half a dozen men kill couple, gang-rape two relatives
- Indian tablet market grew 14.4% in Q2 2016; Datawind continues domination
- From waiter to an Olympian in Rio: This is India's unsung hero Manish Rawat's story – HATS OFF!
- Do you know how harmful leading a sedentary lifestyle is? - Read