Explosives seized in UP’s Sonbhadra
Sonbhadra: A huge cache of ammonium nitrate - widely used as an explosive - was recovered from this Maoist-affected Uttar Pradesh district, police said on Wednesday.
Nearly 80 quintals of the explosive was recovered on Tuesday from a secluded place in Obra town, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"We have no idea how such a huge quantity of the explosive reached Obra," police inspector Seshdhar Pandey told reporters.
"However, taking into account the Maoist movement in certain areas of Sonbhadra, we cannot rule out the involvement of Maoist groups in bringing the explosive for carrying out attacks on policemen. Investigations are on," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'