Explosives seized in UP’s Sonbhadra
Sonbhadra: A huge cache of ammonium nitrate - widely used as an explosive - was recovered from this Maoist-affected Uttar Pradesh district, police said on Wednesday.
Nearly 80 quintals of the explosive was recovered on Tuesday from a secluded place in Obra town, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"We have no idea how such a huge quantity of the explosive reached Obra," police inspector Seshdhar Pandey told reporters.
"However, taking into account the Maoist movement in certain areas of Sonbhadra, we cannot rule out the involvement of Maoist groups in bringing the explosive for carrying out attacks on policemen. Investigations are on," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back