Explosives seized in UP’s Sonbhadra
Sonbhadra: A huge cache of ammonium nitrate - widely used as an explosive - was recovered from this Maoist-affected Uttar Pradesh district, police said on Wednesday.
Nearly 80 quintals of the explosive was recovered on Tuesday from a secluded place in Obra town, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"We have no idea how such a huge quantity of the explosive reached Obra," police inspector Seshdhar Pandey told reporters.
"However, taking into account the Maoist movement in certain areas of Sonbhadra, we cannot rule out the involvement of Maoist groups in bringing the explosive for carrying out attacks on policemen. Investigations are on," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report