Explosives seized in UP’s Sonbhadra
Sonbhadra: A huge cache of ammonium nitrate - widely used as an explosive - was recovered from this Maoist-affected Uttar Pradesh district, police said on Wednesday.
Nearly 80 quintals of the explosive was recovered on Tuesday from a secluded place in Obra town, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"We have no idea how such a huge quantity of the explosive reached Obra," police inspector Seshdhar Pandey told reporters.
"However, taking into account the Maoist movement in certain areas of Sonbhadra, we cannot rule out the involvement of Maoist groups in bringing the explosive for carrying out attacks on policemen. Investigations are on," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened