Extortion complaint filed against BSP leader, 16 others
Bijnor: A case of extortion has been registered against a local BSP leader and 16 others for allegedly running a parallel court and extracting money from people through its diktats.
The case has been registered under section 384 of IPC against 17 people, including BSP leader Jameel Ahmad, on the complaint filed by Haji Shamim Ahmad, who has alleged that the accused forced him to pay a fine of Rs 5,000 after his son`s marriage party arrived late, police said.
Shamim in his complaint also said that on his refusal to pay the fine, Jameel and others did not allow the bride to go husband`s home.
The matter was resolved after four days, when police intervened and allowed Shamim to take the bride to her new home.
However, Jameel has said that it was not his decision but
the diktat was of the community panchayat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users