Extortion complaint filed against BSP leader, 16 others
Bijnor: A case of extortion has been registered against a local BSP leader and 16 others for allegedly running a parallel court and extracting money from people through its diktats.
The case has been registered under section 384 of IPC against 17 people, including BSP leader Jameel Ahmad, on the complaint filed by Haji Shamim Ahmad, who has alleged that the accused forced him to pay a fine of Rs 5,000 after his son`s marriage party arrived late, police said.
Shamim in his complaint also said that on his refusal to pay the fine, Jameel and others did not allow the bride to go husband`s home.
The matter was resolved after four days, when police intervened and allowed Shamim to take the bride to her new home.
However, Jameel has said that it was not his decision but
the diktat was of the community panchayat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming