Extortion complaint filed against BSP leader, 16 others
Bijnor: A case of extortion has been registered against a local BSP leader and 16 others for allegedly running a parallel court and extracting money from people through its diktats.
The case has been registered under section 384 of IPC against 17 people, including BSP leader Jameel Ahmad, on the complaint filed by Haji Shamim Ahmad, who has alleged that the accused forced him to pay a fine of Rs 5,000 after his son`s marriage party arrived late, police said.
Shamim in his complaint also said that on his refusal to pay the fine, Jameel and others did not allow the bride to go husband`s home.
The matter was resolved after four days, when police intervened and allowed Shamim to take the bride to her new home.
However, Jameel has said that it was not his decision but
the diktat was of the community panchayat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation