Extortion complaint filed against BSP leader, 16 others
Bijnor: A case of extortion has been registered against a local BSP leader and 16 others for allegedly running a parallel court and extracting money from people through its diktats.
The case has been registered under section 384 of IPC against 17 people, including BSP leader Jameel Ahmad, on the complaint filed by Haji Shamim Ahmad, who has alleged that the accused forced him to pay a fine of Rs 5,000 after his son`s marriage party arrived late, police said.
Shamim in his complaint also said that on his refusal to pay the fine, Jameel and others did not allow the bride to go husband`s home.
The matter was resolved after four days, when police intervened and allowed Shamim to take the bride to her new home.
However, Jameel has said that it was not his decision but
the diktat was of the community panchayat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?