Fahim Ansari shifted to Bareilly Central prison
Bareilly: Fahim Ansari, who was acquitted in the Mumbai terror attack case recently, has been shifted from the Arthur Road jail in Mumbai to the central prison here in connection with the 2007 attack on a CRPF group centre at Rampur in Uttar Pradesh, officials said.
Ansari has been kept in a high security barrack, they said.
Ansari had been taken to Mumbai in December 2008 by the Mumbai ATS in the wake of the terror attack there.
He was acquitted recently by a Mumbai court in the terror attack case in the absence of adequate evidence.
Seven CRPF jawans were among nine people killed in a terror attack on the CRPF group centre at Rampur on Jan 31, 2007, and nine people, including Fahim Ansari and Sabauddin, were arrested in connection with the case.
Before being taken to Mumbai in connection with the terror strike case, Ansari was lodged at the Bareilly jail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India