Failing to get admission in college, girl commits suicide
Bareilly: A 20-year-old girl allegedly attempted suicide by setting herself ablaze after failing to getting admission in a college in Baradari area here.
Sonali set herself on fire at her residence in Chanadraguptapuram colony last night and was later admitted in a private hospital, where her condition was stated to be critical, police said today.
Sonali`s father, Anil Kumar Gupta, stated that the victim had applied for an admission in a college, but because of her low percentage she could not find her name in the merit list, which prompted her to take the extreme step.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor