Failing to get admission in college, girl commits suicide
Bareilly: A 20-year-old girl allegedly attempted suicide by setting herself ablaze after failing to getting admission in a college in Baradari area here.
Sonali set herself on fire at her residence in Chanadraguptapuram colony last night and was later admitted in a private hospital, where her condition was stated to be critical, police said today.
Sonali`s father, Anil Kumar Gupta, stated that the victim had applied for an admission in a college, but because of her low percentage she could not find her name in the merit list, which prompted her to take the extreme step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss