Failing to get admission in college, girl commits suicide
Bareilly: A 20-year-old girl allegedly attempted suicide by setting herself ablaze after failing to getting admission in a college in Baradari area here.
Sonali set herself on fire at her residence in Chanadraguptapuram colony last night and was later admitted in a private hospital, where her condition was stated to be critical, police said today.
Sonali`s father, Anil Kumar Gupta, stated that the victim had applied for an admission in a college, but because of her low percentage she could not find her name in the merit list, which prompted her to take the extreme step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations