Faizabad clashes: DM, SSP removed
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday shifted district magistrate and senior superintendent of police of Faizabad, which witnessed clashes on the occasion of Vijay Dashmi.
DM Faizabad Deepak Agarwal has swapped places with special secretary in medical, health and family welfare department Ajay Kumar Shukla, an official spokesman said here.
SSP Faizabad Ramit Sharma has been attached to the DGP office and SP Balrampr Dharmendra Singh has been posted in his place, he said.
Two persons were killed in clashes in Faizabad district during idol immersion on the occasion of Vijay Dashmi on October 24.
Meanwhile, SP Jaunpur Dharamveer and SP Badaun Manjil Saini have also swapped places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'