Faizabad clashes: DM, SSP removed
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday shifted district magistrate and senior superintendent of police of Faizabad, which witnessed clashes on the occasion of Vijay Dashmi.
DM Faizabad Deepak Agarwal has swapped places with special secretary in medical, health and family welfare department Ajay Kumar Shukla, an official spokesman said here.
SSP Faizabad Ramit Sharma has been attached to the DGP office and SP Balrampr Dharmendra Singh has been posted in his place, he said.
Two persons were killed in clashes in Faizabad district during idol immersion on the occasion of Vijay Dashmi on October 24.
Meanwhile, SP Jaunpur Dharamveer and SP Badaun Manjil Saini have also swapped places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media