Faizabad clashes: DM, SSP removed
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday shifted district magistrate and senior superintendent of police of Faizabad, which witnessed clashes on the occasion of Vijay Dashmi.
DM Faizabad Deepak Agarwal has swapped places with special secretary in medical, health and family welfare department Ajay Kumar Shukla, an official spokesman said here.
SSP Faizabad Ramit Sharma has been attached to the DGP office and SP Balrampur Dharmendra Singh has been posted in his place, he said.
Two persons were killed in clashes in Faizabad district during idol immersion on the occasion of Vijay Dashmi on October 24.
Meanwhile, SP Jaunpur Dharamveer and SP Badaun Manjil Saini have also swapped places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?