Faizabad clashes: DM, SSP removed
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday shifted district magistrate and senior superintendent of police of Faizabad, which witnessed clashes on the occasion of Vijay Dashmi.
DM Faizabad Deepak Agarwal has swapped places with special secretary in medical, health and family welfare department Ajay Kumar Shukla, an official spokesman said here.
SSP Faizabad Ramit Sharma has been attached to the DGP office and SP Balrampur Dharmendra Singh has been posted in his place, he said.
Two persons were killed in clashes in Faizabad district during idol immersion on the occasion of Vijay Dashmi on October 24.
Meanwhile, SP Jaunpur Dharamveer and SP Badaun Manjil Saini have also swapped places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir