Faizabad clashes: DM, SSP removed
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday shifted district magistrate and senior superintendent of police of Faizabad, which witnessed clashes on the occasion of Vijay Dashmi.
DM Faizabad Deepak Agarwal has swapped places with special secretary in medical, health and family welfare department Ajay Kumar Shukla, an official spokesman said here.
SSP Faizabad Ramit Sharma has been attached to the DGP office and SP Balrampur Dharmendra Singh has been posted in his place, he said.
Two persons were killed in clashes in Faizabad district during idol immersion on the occasion of Vijay Dashmi on October 24.
Meanwhile, SP Jaunpur Dharamveer and SP Badaun Manjil Saini have also swapped places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'