Faizabad police takes over case against Samajwadi Party MLA
Faizabad: The case involving attempt to rape by Samajwadi Party MLA Anup Sanda, which was initially under the Sultanpur police has now been transferred to the Faizabad
police after the complainant said she was not satisfied with the way the case was handled.
The case of rape was registered against the sitting MLA of Sultanpur on a complaint by Samreen Khan (25) at the Kotwali police station of Sultanpur district on September 17.
Khan registered the case after she was allegedly assaulted by Sanda for three years, who promised her a job and marriage and later threatened to kill her when she objected.
Sanda has been booked under Sections 376 (Rape), 420 (Fraud) and 506 (threatening to kill) of the IPC.
Khan alongwith Nusrat Quddusi, leader of Peace Party, approached DIG Faizabad AK Rai yesterday and alleged pressure exerted by the MLA on the Sultanpur police.
She also alleged that she was not hoping to get justice from the Sultanpur police even as they failed to get her statement recorded before the court.
Taking cognizance of the case, DIG Faizabad AK Rai has ordered the transfer of investigation of this case from Sultanpur police to Faizabad police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what