Faizabad police takes over case against Samajwadi Party MLA
Faizabad: The case involving attempt to rape by Samajwadi Party MLA Anup Sanda, which was initially under the Sultanpur police has now been transferred to the Faizabad
police after the complainant said she was not satisfied with the way the case was handled.
The case of rape was registered against the sitting MLA of Sultanpur on a complaint by Samreen Khan (25) at the Kotwali police station of Sultanpur district on September 17.
Khan registered the case after she was allegedly assaulted by Sanda for three years, who promised her a job and marriage and later threatened to kill her when she objected.
Sanda has been booked under Sections 376 (Rape), 420 (Fraud) and 506 (threatening to kill) of the IPC.
Khan alongwith Nusrat Quddusi, leader of Peace Party, approached DIG Faizabad AK Rai yesterday and alleged pressure exerted by the MLA on the Sultanpur police.
She also alleged that she was not hoping to get justice from the Sultanpur police even as they failed to get her statement recorded before the court.
Taking cognizance of the case, DIG Faizabad AK Rai has ordered the transfer of investigation of this case from Sultanpur police to Faizabad police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report