Faizabad police takes over case against Samajwadi Party MLA
Faizabad: The case involving attempt to rape by Samajwadi Party MLA Anup Sanda, which was initially under the Sultanpur police has now been transferred to the Faizabad
police after the complainant said she was not satisfied with the way the case was handled.
The case of rape was registered against the sitting MLA of Sultanpur on a complaint by Samreen Khan (25) at the Kotwali police station of Sultanpur district on September 17.
Khan registered the case after she was allegedly assaulted by Sanda for three years, who promised her a job and marriage and later threatened to kill her when she objected.
Sanda has been booked under Sections 376 (Rape), 420 (Fraud) and 506 (threatening to kill) of the IPC.
Khan alongwith Nusrat Quddusi, leader of Peace Party, approached DIG Faizabad AK Rai yesterday and alleged pressure exerted by the MLA on the Sultanpur police.
She also alleged that she was not hoping to get justice from the Sultanpur police even as they failed to get her statement recorded before the court.
Taking cognizance of the case, DIG Faizabad AK Rai has ordered the transfer of investigation of this case from Sultanpur police to Faizabad police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof