Fake currency notes seized, five held
Etawah (UP): Five persons were arrested from
separate places here and counterfeit notes with a face value
of Rs 2.75 lakh seized from them, police said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team yesterday arrested
Ashok Kumar, Devendra Singh, Rajendra Singh, Rahul Kumar and
Mahendra Singh from separate places in the city, SP Ashok
Kumar Raghav said.
He said the fake notes worth Rs 2.75 lakh, including 146
notes of Rs 1,000 denomination and 258 notes of Rs 500
denomination, were recovered from their possession.
During interrogation, they also revealed about the
involvement of some persons of West Bengal and Haryana in the
gang, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!