Fake currency notes seized, five held
Etawah (UP): Five persons were arrested from
separate places here and counterfeit notes with a face value
of Rs 2.75 lakh seized from them, police said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team yesterday arrested
Ashok Kumar, Devendra Singh, Rajendra Singh, Rahul Kumar and
Mahendra Singh from separate places in the city, SP Ashok
Kumar Raghav said.
He said the fake notes worth Rs 2.75 lakh, including 146
notes of Rs 1,000 denomination and 258 notes of Rs 500
denomination, were recovered from their possession.
During interrogation, they also revealed about the
involvement of some persons of West Bengal and Haryana in the
gang, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister