Fake currency notes seized, five held
Etawah (UP): Five persons were arrested from
separate places here and counterfeit notes with a face value
of Rs 2.75 lakh seized from them, police said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team yesterday arrested
Ashok Kumar, Devendra Singh, Rajendra Singh, Rahul Kumar and
Mahendra Singh from separate places in the city, SP Ashok
Kumar Raghav said.
He said the fake notes worth Rs 2.75 lakh, including 146
notes of Rs 1,000 denomination and 258 notes of Rs 500
denomination, were recovered from their possession.
During interrogation, they also revealed about the
involvement of some persons of West Bengal and Haryana in the
gang, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers
- Flood situation in Bihar under control: CM Nitish Kumar
- Teenaged Dalit girl gang-raped in UP's Aligarh
- Stem Cell treatment is effective in recovery of spinal injuries