Fake currency notes seized, five held
Etawah (UP): Five persons were arrested from
separate places here and counterfeit notes with a face value
of Rs 2.75 lakh seized from them, police said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team yesterday arrested
Ashok Kumar, Devendra Singh, Rajendra Singh, Rahul Kumar and
Mahendra Singh from separate places in the city, SP Ashok
Kumar Raghav said.
He said the fake notes worth Rs 2.75 lakh, including 146
notes of Rs 1,000 denomination and 258 notes of Rs 500
denomination, were recovered from their possession.
During interrogation, they also revealed about the
involvement of some persons of West Bengal and Haryana in the
gang, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena