Fake currency notes seized, five held
Etawah (UP): Five persons were arrested from
separate places here and counterfeit notes with a face value
of Rs 2.75 lakh seized from them, police said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team yesterday arrested
Ashok Kumar, Devendra Singh, Rajendra Singh, Rahul Kumar and
Mahendra Singh from separate places in the city, SP Ashok
Kumar Raghav said.
He said the fake notes worth Rs 2.75 lakh, including 146
notes of Rs 1,000 denomination and 258 notes of Rs 500
denomination, were recovered from their possession.
During interrogation, they also revealed about the
involvement of some persons of West Bengal and Haryana in the
gang, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...