Fake currency over Rs 10 crore deposited in bank in UP, FIR lodged
Lucknow: A private bank has alleged that fake notes having face value around Rs 10 crore were deposited in its different branches in the last eight years, police said on Tuesday.
Regional Head of the ICICI bank Manish Pandey lodged an FIR at Hazratganj police station alleging that fake currency notes worth Rs 10.77 crore were deposited in different branches between 2006 to 2014 in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, they said.
The matter is being investigated, said police.
Issuing an official statement, the private sector lender said: "ICICI Bank puts into circulation only clean and genuine notes, in line with the RBI`s Clean Note policy. As per the RBI guidelines, banks are required to report or file FIR whenever it detects fake notes".
"The police complaint filed by the Bank at Hazratganj, Lucknow on April 6, 2014 pertains to the period between February 2006 and March 2013 and is as per the regulatory guidelines," it added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?