Fake employment racket busted in UP
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force
has arrested four members of a gang which allegedly duped
youths on the pretext of providing them jobs in Army and
Rishi Dixit, Satyapal Singh, Manoj Kumar Singh and
Gyan Rakash Varma were arrested from Gol Market crossing last
night when they were allegedly taking money from a youth
aspiring to get a job in state police, they said.
The youth had informed the STF in this connection.
The STF sleuths said educational certificates, ATM cards,
Rs 25,000 cash, pen drive and other documents were recovered
from their possession.
"Recently a complaint was received by the STF that Eagle
Forces Career Academy, having its office on Rae Bareli road,
was duping youths on the pretext of providing jobs in the army
and police," an STF official said.
The coaching centre was being run by Rishi Dixit, who
claimed that he had "connections" in recruitment boards.
While Rs 3.5 lakh was being charged from youths aspiring
to get job in the army, Rs one lakh was the figure for those
applying for a police department job, the official said.
During interrogation, the four said they would collect
original documents of the aspirants so that the youths were
forced to give money, they said.
"Later, the coaching centre was raided and several
documents and a Central Processing Unit (CPU) having details
of the aspirants were seized," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security