Fake encounter: CBI team records evidence
Ghaziabad: A CBI team, investigating the
alleged fake police encounter of Ravinder Tyagi in which the
name of a former UP cabinet minister has cropped up,
visited the encounter site near here.
The team led by CBI inspector Manoj Jaiswal visited the
encounter site at Mohan Nagar yesterday and recorded the
statements of police officials in Sahibabad as part of the
probe following a directive of the Allahabad High Court.
The team also collected all relevent documents from the
Sahibabad police station.
The Allahabad High Court in December last year had ordered
a CBI inquiry into the death of Tyagi, a history-sheeter from
Ghaziabad carrying a cash reward of Rs 50,000 on his head, who
was killed in a police encounter in 2009.
The order was passed on a writ petition filed by the
deceased`s wife Deepa, who had alleged that her husband was
killed by policemen at the behest of the then Agriculture
Education and Research minister Rajpal Tyagi.
Deepa, who had defeated the minister`s daughter-in-law in
a Panchayat election in 2010, alleged that shortly before his
death, her husband had filed a petition before the High Court
seeking police security as he was facing threat to his life
The wife said that the plea was, however, turned down by
the High Court and Ravindra was gunned down by a Special
Operations Group of local police in Ghaziabad`s Mohan Nagar
area on October 29, 2009.
She allged that the police had carried out a fake
encounter at the behest of the minister.
The CBI crime branch on January 19 had registered a case
against police for fake encounter and started investigation.
One police sub-inspector Anil Kapparwan and three police
constables were also injured in the encounter. One of the
injured constables, Manjeet Singh later died during treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!