Fake fertiliser seized from BSP leader`s godown
Sitapur (UP); Large quantity of fake fertiliser has been recovered from a godown of a BSP leader in Mehmoodabad grain market here following which an FIR has been registered against him, police said on Wednesday.
On a tip off, a team of district administration, agriculture department and police raided former Uttar Pradesh minister Shiv Kumar Gupta`s godown yesterday and recovered 148 sacks of fake fertiliser, they said, adding the bags have been sent for examination.
An FIR has been lodged against Gupta in Mehmoodabad police station under Essential Commodity Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr