Fake fertiliser seized from BSP leader`s godown
Sitapur (UP); Large quantity of fake fertiliser has been recovered from a godown of a BSP leader in Mehmoodabad grain market here following which an FIR has been registered against him, police said on Wednesday.
On a tip off, a team of district administration, agriculture department and police raided former Uttar Pradesh minister Shiv Kumar Gupta`s godown yesterday and recovered 148 sacks of fake fertiliser, they said, adding the bags have been sent for examination.
An FIR has been lodged against Gupta in Mehmoodabad police station under Essential Commodity Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video