Fake notes of face value of Rs 4 lakh seized in UP
Muzaffarpur: The Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) sleuths today arrested a smuggler with the Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICN) with a face value of Rs four lakh from Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, official sources said.
Acting on a tip off, the sleuths nabbed the smuggler Ganesh Sahni at Bhagwanpur chowk and seized the haul of counterfeit currency notes in the denomination of Rs 1000 and Rs 500, the sources said.
A native of Malahi Bazar in neighbouring East Champaran district, Sahni had brought the FICN from Bangladesh enroute West Bengal to circulate the fake notes in the local market, they said.
The smuggler was suspected to be a member of an international gang circulating FICN in India from Bangladesh and Pakistan, the sources said adding that the accused was being questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31