Fake notes recovered from train in Mughalsarai
Lucknow: Counterfeit currency with a face
value of over Rs two crore were recovered by the railway
police from a train at Mughalsaria area, officials said on Saturday.
GRP Chandauli recovered the fake currency from a bogey of
Purushottam express during a checking yesterday.
The counterfeit notes in the denomination of Rs 500 each
were packed in 490 bundles, which also bore a mark "dummy " on
them. they said.
A map and sticker was also recovered along with the fake
notes, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj