Family of captured BSF trooper thanks Army, govt
Firozabad: The family of the BSF jawan, who has been captured in Pakistan after being swept away in the Chenab river in Jammu and Kashmir, on Thursday thanked the Army and the government for their efforts after the news of his scheduled release reached their home here.
Sukhveer, brother of the BSF jawan Satyasheel Yadav (30), who is a resident of Ranipur locality in Matsaina area told PTI that they have received a call from 33rd Battalion of BSF that his brother will be released within 24 hours.
"My brother is a true soldier and was performing his duty. He should be set free as soon as possible," he said.
Sukhveer said that he wanted to thank the government, Army and the media for taking up the issue timely.
BSF sources had earlier said that a flag meeting was held at 02:45 pm today in Nikowal border post area of Jammu`s Sunderbani sector between BSF and the Pakistan Rangers.
The sources said that Yadav will return tomorrow.
The Army jawan was out on a patrol yesterday with three other personnel in the Paragwal-Khour sub-sector of general area Akhnoor when the boat they were travelling in developed a problem and he was swept away to the other side of the border.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'