Family of five commits suicide in UP
Lucknow: A primary school teacher, his wife and three daughters committed suicide by jumping into the Yamuna river in Uttar Pradesh`s Mathura district late Monday, police said.
Mathura Senior Superintendent of Police RKS Rathore told a news agency that the teacher has been identified as Amar Singh (32), a resident of Haryana.
He leaped into the river along with wife Meera (28), daughters Ekta (8), Anupma (5) and Aditi (4) from a bridge in the Shergarh area. All the five were washed away in the strong current and their bodies are yet to be found, Rathore said.
Amar was posted as a teacher at a primary school in Karman village of Mathura district.
A note has been found at the family`s house. But it does not mention the reason behind the extreme step the family took, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan