Family of five commits suicide in UP
Lucknow: A primary school teacher, his wife and three daughters committed suicide by jumping into the Yamuna river in Uttar Pradesh`s Mathura district late Monday, police said.
Mathura Senior Superintendent of Police RKS Rathore told a news agency that the teacher has been identified as Amar Singh (32), a resident of Haryana.
He leaped into the river along with wife Meera (28), daughters Ekta (8), Anupma (5) and Aditi (4) from a bridge in the Shergarh area. All the five were washed away in the strong current and their bodies are yet to be found, Rathore said.
Amar was posted as a teacher at a primary school in Karman village of Mathura district.
A note has been found at the family`s house. But it does not mention the reason behind the extreme step the family took, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them