Family of five commits suicide in UP
Lucknow: A primary school teacher, his wife and three daughters committed suicide by jumping into the Yamuna river in Uttar Pradesh`s Mathura district late Monday, police said.
Mathura Senior Superintendent of Police RKS Rathore told a news agency that the teacher has been identified as Amar Singh (32), a resident of Haryana.
He leaped into the river along with wife Meera (28), daughters Ekta (8), Anupma (5) and Aditi (4) from a bridge in the Shergarh area. All the five were washed away in the strong current and their bodies are yet to be found, Rathore said.
Amar was posted as a teacher at a primary school in Karman village of Mathura district.
A note has been found at the family`s house. But it does not mention the reason behind the extreme step the family took, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!