Family of five commits suicide in UP
Lucknow: A primary school teacher, his wife and three daughters committed suicide by jumping into the Yamuna river in Uttar Pradesh`s Mathura district late Monday, police said.
Mathura Senior Superintendent of Police RKS Rathore told a news agency that the teacher has been identified as Amar Singh (32), a resident of Haryana.
He leaped into the river along with wife Meera (28), daughters Ekta (8), Anupma (5) and Aditi (4) from a bridge in the Shergarh area. All the five were washed away in the strong current and their bodies are yet to be found, Rathore said.
Amar was posted as a teacher at a primary school in Karman village of Mathura district.
A note has been found at the family`s house. But it does not mention the reason behind the extreme step the family took, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- After Zuckerberg, OurMine hacks Sundar Pichai's Quora and Twitter accounts!
- Black money window: CBDT issues fresh FAQs; PAN mandatory
- France opens manslaughter inquiry into EgyptAir crash
- BGR-34 - Ayurvedic anti-diabetic drug launched by CSIR!
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives