Family of five commits suicide in UP
Lucknow: A primary school teacher, his wife and three daughters committed suicide by jumping into the Yamuna river in Uttar Pradesh`s Mathura district late Monday, police said.
Mathura Senior Superintendent of Police RKS Rathore told a news agency that the teacher has been identified as Amar Singh (32), a resident of Haryana.
He leaped into the river along with wife Meera (28), daughters Ekta (8), Anupma (5) and Aditi (4) from a bridge in the Shergarh area. All the five were washed away in the strong current and their bodies are yet to be found, Rathore said.
Amar was posted as a teacher at a primary school in Karman village of Mathura district.
A note has been found at the family`s house. But it does not mention the reason behind the extreme step the family took, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption