Family of Sangeet Som gets threat letter, demands security
Lucknow: The family of BJP legislator Sangeet Som, presently in jail in connection with the Muzaffarnagar riots, has demanded security after receiving a letter threatening to kill the MLA and his kin.
Personal assistant to the arrested MLA, Chandrashekhar today moved an application before the Director General of UP Police seeking proper security for the family.
The letter was received at Som`s home in Sardhana town of Meerut district on October 18, Chandrashekhar said, adding that a demand for thorough verification of the letter and punishment to those responsible behind it is made.
The letter was written on October 14 in Urdu and bore postal stamp of Jammu.
According to the PA, when translated the letter says that after his release, Som and his family members would be bombed.
The BJP MLA from Sardhana, Sangeet Som is presently lodged in Muzaffarnagar jail and NSA has also been invoked against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends