Family of Sangeet Som gets threat letter, demands security
Lucknow: The family of BJP legislator Sangeet Som, presently in jail in connection with the Muzaffarnagar riots, has demanded security after receiving a letter threatening to kill the MLA and his kin.
Personal assistant to the arrested MLA, Chandrashekhar today moved an application before the Director General of UP Police seeking proper security for the family.
The letter was received at Som`s home in Sardhana town of Meerut district on October 18, Chandrashekhar said, adding that a demand for thorough verification of the letter and punishment to those responsible behind it is made.
The letter was written on October 14 in Urdu and bore postal stamp of Jammu.
According to the PA, when translated the letter says that after his release, Som and his family members would be bombed.
The BJP MLA from Sardhana, Sangeet Som is presently lodged in Muzaffarnagar jail and NSA has also been invoked against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur