Family of Sangeet Som gets threat letter, demands security
Lucknow: The family of BJP legislator Sangeet Som, presently in jail in connection with the Muzaffarnagar riots, has demanded security after receiving a letter threatening to kill the MLA and his kin.
Personal assistant to the arrested MLA, Chandrashekhar today moved an application before the Director General of UP Police seeking proper security for the family.
The letter was received at Som`s home in Sardhana town of Meerut district on October 18, Chandrashekhar said, adding that a demand for thorough verification of the letter and punishment to those responsible behind it is made.
The letter was written on October 14 in Urdu and bore postal stamp of Jammu.
According to the PA, when translated the letter says that after his release, Som and his family members would be bombed.
The BJP MLA from Sardhana, Sangeet Som is presently lodged in Muzaffarnagar jail and NSA has also been invoked against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal