Faridabad girl found dead in medical college, post-mortem confirms murder
Moradabad (UP): A first year MBBS student at a private college here died under mysterious circumstances in the campus, with her post-mortem revealing she was strangulated to death, police said on Sunday.
Neeraj Bhadana, a MBBS first year student hailing from Faridabad in Haryana, was found lying on the floor yesterday.
The girl was admitted to the hospital situated in the college where she died, they said.
The college management had termed it an accidental death, saying that the girl fell from the fifth floor as she was sitting on the railing.
The post-mortem report, however, found that the girl was strangulated to death and there was no fracture on the body, following which a case of murder was lodged against unknown persons, police said.
"Prima facie, it appeared to be an accident, but post-mortem report that it was a murder. A case of murder against unknown persons has been lodged in Pakbada police station," SSP Moradabad Rajesh Modak said.
A senior officer said police are also probing whether the college administration tried to conceal evidence in the case and if found guilty, a case under section 201 of IPC will be initiated against it.
- Transit of Mercury, May 9, 2016: Where, when and how to watch in India!
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders' Yusuf Pathan slams Sunil Gavaskar for calling RCB's bowling line-up as 'popatwadi attack'
- Apple sees huge market potential in India: CEO Tim Cook
- Virat Kohli recommended for Khel Ratna by BCCI, Ajinkya Rahane for Arjuna Award