Farmer commits suicide over failure to repay debt
Banda: A 45-year-old farmer allegedly committed suicide over rising debt in Keshav village, police said on Friday.
Santosh committed suicide by hanging himself in his house yesterday, they said.
The deceased had taken multiple loans which he was unable to repay, family sources said, adding that the first time was for the marriage of his daughter eight years ago.
He had taken another loan from a bank two years ago through a kisan credit card.
As he was not able to make ends meet, he also raised money through local lenders who were pressurising him to repay.
Meanwhile, officials said that the reasons behind the alleged suicide are under investigation and stern action would be taken against money lenders if found guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional