Farmer commits suicide over failure to repay debt
Banda: A 45-year-old farmer allegedly committed suicide over rising debt in Keshav village, police said on Friday.
Santosh committed suicide by hanging himself in his house yesterday, they said.
The deceased had taken multiple loans which he was unable to repay, family sources said, adding that the first time was for the marriage of his daughter eight years ago.
He had taken another loan from a bank two years ago through a kisan credit card.
As he was not able to make ends meet, he also raised money through local lenders who were pressurising him to repay.
Meanwhile, officials said that the reasons behind the alleged suicide are under investigation and stern action would be taken against money lenders if found guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details