Farmer commits suicide over failure to repay debt
Banda: A 45-year-old farmer allegedly committed suicide over rising debt in Keshav village, police said on Friday.
Santosh committed suicide by hanging himself in his house yesterday, they said.
The deceased had taken multiple loans which he was unable to repay, family sources said, adding that the first time was for the marriage of his daughter eight years ago.
He had taken another loan from a bank two years ago through a kisan credit card.
As he was not able to make ends meet, he also raised money through local lenders who were pressurising him to repay.
Meanwhile, officials said that the reasons behind the alleged suicide are under investigation and stern action would be taken against money lenders if found guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Japan knife attacker grins before cameras
- Uproar in Rajya Sabha over attack on women in Madhya Pradesh for carrying beef
- Billboard 200 albums chart: Drake's 'Views' remains on top for 11th time
- Quran sacrilege: Delhi AAP lawmaker Naresh Yadav sent to judicial custody till Aug 1
- Hillary Clinton nominated for president, husband Bill says she will ''never quit''