Farmer commits suicide over failure to repay debt
Banda: A 45-year-old farmer allegedly committed suicide over rising debt in Keshav village, police said on Friday.
Santosh committed suicide by hanging himself in his house yesterday, they said.
The deceased had taken multiple loans which he was unable to repay, family sources said, adding that the first time was for the marriage of his daughter eight years ago.
He had taken another loan from a bank two years ago through a kisan credit card.
As he was not able to make ends meet, he also raised money through local lenders who were pressurising him to repay.
Meanwhile, officials said that the reasons behind the alleged suicide are under investigation and stern action would be taken against money lenders if found guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Swaraj seeks report from Indian consulate on death of workers
- Pakistan to keep border crossing with Afghanistan shut till apology
- Sheena Bora murder case: Court asks CBI to begin arguments on framing of charges
- 21kg tumor removed from 61-year-old man at Gurgaon hospital
- `Very difficult` for Bastian Schweinsteiger to play at Manchester United: Jose Mourinho