Farmer commits suicide over mounting debts in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A debt ridden farmer in Atrohana village in the district has allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself at his house, police said.
Sanjay Tyagi (48), was depressed over the mounting debts that he had taken from a bank and as the bank officials were pressuring him to pay back the loan, yesterday he took to the extreme step, they said.
The body has been sent for postmortem.
Meanwhile, block secretary of Bharatiya Kissan Union(BKU), Satish Bharadwaj has alleged that farmers are facing financial problems owing to delayed payment by sugar mills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months