Farmer commits suicide over mounting debts in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A debt ridden farmer in Atrohana village in the district has allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself at his house, police said.
Sanjay Tyagi (48), was depressed over the mounting debts that he had taken from a bank and as the bank officials were pressuring him to pay back the loan, yesterday he took to the extreme step, they said.
The body has been sent for postmortem.
Meanwhile, block secretary of Bharatiya Kissan Union(BKU), Satish Bharadwaj has alleged that farmers are facing financial problems owing to delayed payment by sugar mills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Sushma Swaraj lashes out at Nawaz Sharif, says Pakistan will never succeed in making Kashmir a 'terror hell'
- Rajnath begins Kashmir visit, curfew lifted in parts of Valley
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg trumps Lewis Hamilton in Hungaroring chaos
- Scientists produce rare wood bison calves through IVF
- Munich pulls together after shopping mall shooting