Farmer commits suicide over mounting debts in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A debt ridden farmer in Atrohana village in the district has allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself at his house, police said.
Sanjay Tyagi (48), was depressed over the mounting debts that he had taken from a bank and as the bank officials were pressuring him to pay back the loan, yesterday he took to the extreme step, they said.
The body has been sent for postmortem.
Meanwhile, block secretary of Bharatiya Kissan Union(BKU), Satish Bharadwaj has alleged that farmers are facing financial problems owing to delayed payment by sugar mills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- 23 new doping failures from 2012 London Olympic Games: IOC
- Hamid Ansari's Morocco visit will boost strategic partnership with India: Larbi Reffouh
- Chabahar port deal 'not finished'; Pakistan, China welcome: Iran
- Listen to the government, Bajrang Dal is not BJP, says Amit Shah
- Read this to know where Barack Obama will stay after retirement!