Farmer commits suicide over mounting debts in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A debt ridden farmer in Atrohana village in the district has allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself at his house, police said.
Sanjay Tyagi (48), was depressed over the mounting debts that he had taken from a bank and as the bank officials were pressuring him to pay back the loan, yesterday he took to the extreme step, they said.
The body has been sent for postmortem.
Meanwhile, block secretary of Bharatiya Kissan Union(BKU), Satish Bharadwaj has alleged that farmers are facing financial problems owing to delayed payment by sugar mills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam
- West Indies vs India 2016: Trinidad board launches probe after farcical washout