Farmer commits suicide over mounting debts in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A debt ridden farmer in Atrohana village in the district has allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself at his house, police said.
Sanjay Tyagi (48), was depressed over the mounting debts that he had taken from a bank and as the bank officials were pressuring him to pay back the loan, yesterday he took to the extreme step, they said.
The body has been sent for postmortem.
Meanwhile, block secretary of Bharatiya Kissan Union(BKU), Satish Bharadwaj has alleged that farmers are facing financial problems owing to delayed payment by sugar mills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing