Farmer killed by Brother over land dispute in UP
Meerut: A 50-year-old farmer was shot dead by his brother and nephew over a long standing land dispute in Panchali Khurd village here, police said Wednesday.
Lal Singh was first shot in the head and then attacked with a sharp weapon, they said.
Singh`s body was discovered from his own field with a bullet mark on the head and wounds on the neck and chest.
The farmer`s son-in-law has filed an FIR against Singh`s brother Chaman Lal and his two sons Rahul and Ballu, they said.
The motive behind murder is said to be an old enmity between them over 4 bighas of land in the village. Police has made no arrests so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials