Farmer killed by Brother over land dispute in UP
Meerut: A 50-year-old farmer was shot dead by his brother and nephew over a long standing land dispute in Panchali Khurd village here, police said Wednesday.
Lal Singh was first shot in the head and then attacked with a sharp weapon, they said.
Singh`s body was discovered from his own field with a bullet mark on the head and wounds on the neck and chest.
The farmer`s son-in-law has filed an FIR against Singh`s brother Chaman Lal and his two sons Rahul and Ballu, they said.
The motive behind murder is said to be an old enmity between them over 4 bighas of land in the village. Police has made no arrests so far.
- Delhi petrol pump staff allegedly dupe a guy and then say - "Our boss knows Kejriwal personally"
- This Carat keeps your phone battery healthy!
- Growth falls to 15-year low in Sub-Saharan Africa: IMF
- Four people dead, 2 wounded at an explosion in Tamil Nadu
- Not CM candidate, Rahul Gandhi to lead party across the country: Congress