Farmer killed by Brother over land dispute in UP
Meerut: A 50-year-old farmer was shot dead by his brother and nephew over a long standing land dispute in Panchali Khurd village here, police said Wednesday.
Lal Singh was first shot in the head and then attacked with a sharp weapon, they said.
Singh`s body was discovered from his own field with a bullet mark on the head and wounds on the neck and chest.
The farmer`s son-in-law has filed an FIR against Singh`s brother Chaman Lal and his two sons Rahul and Ballu, they said.
The motive behind murder is said to be an old enmity between them over 4 bighas of land in the village. Police has made no arrests so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman