Farmer killed by Brother over land dispute in UP
Meerut: A 50-year-old farmer was shot dead by his brother and nephew over a long standing land dispute in Panchali Khurd village here, police said Wednesday.
Lal Singh was first shot in the head and then attacked with a sharp weapon, they said.
Singh`s body was discovered from his own field with a bullet mark on the head and wounds on the neck and chest.
The farmer`s son-in-law has filed an FIR against Singh`s brother Chaman Lal and his two sons Rahul and Ballu, they said.
The motive behind murder is said to be an old enmity between them over 4 bighas of land in the village. Police has made no arrests so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption