Farmer killed by Brother over land dispute in UP
Meerut: A 50-year-old farmer was shot dead by his brother and nephew over a long standing land dispute in Panchali Khurd village here, police said Wednesday.
Lal Singh was first shot in the head and then attacked with a sharp weapon, they said.
Singh`s body was discovered from his own field with a bullet mark on the head and wounds on the neck and chest.
The farmer`s son-in-law has filed an FIR against Singh`s brother Chaman Lal and his two sons Rahul and Ballu, they said.
The motive behind murder is said to be an old enmity between them over 4 bighas of land in the village. Police has made no arrests so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you