Farmer leader threatens to renew agitation in Bhatta Parsaul
Mathura (UP): A farmer leader on Tuesday
threatened to renew the agitation in Bhatta Parsaul if the
Uttar Pradesh government does not fulfill the demands of the
community within three days.
"I will proceed to Bhatta Parsaul in case my demands
are not fulfilled within three days," Sarvadaliya Kisan
Sangharsh Samiti president Rambabu Katelia told reporters.
The charter of demands was handed over to the district
"We have sent the memorandum to the state government
and are waiting for directions from senior officers," sub-
divisional magistrate (Mat) Manoj Kumar said.
Kumar had persuaded Katelia to postpone his departure
for Bhatta Parsaul.
The demands include unconditional release of farmers
arrested during post-agitation period, compensation to farmers
whose tractors, motorcycle and other properties were damaged
by police and immediate payment of ex-gratia to families of
the farmers killed in the police firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you