Farmer objects to forcible reaping of crop, shot dead
Bijnore (UP): A farmer was shot dead in a village here after he objected to forcible reaping of his sugarcane crop by four muscle men of the area, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place yesterday at Ulakpur village when Nanwa (32) prevented some goons from forcibly reaping his crop.
Following his objection, they went away at that time but soon returned with firearms and way laid the farmer and also assaulted him.
As villagers rushed to Nanwa`s help, the muscle men resorted to brick batting in which at least four villagers were injured.
They then shot dead Nanwa and fled, police said.
The villagers have lodged an FIR against four accused identified as Bhoora, Bahar Ali, Firman and Kalu of the same village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'