Farmer objects to forcible reaping of crop, shot dead
Bijnore (UP): A farmer was shot dead in a village here after he objected to forcible reaping of his sugarcane crop by four muscle men of the area, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place yesterday at Ulakpur village when Nanwa (32) prevented some goons from forcibly reaping his crop.
Following his objection, they went away at that time but soon returned with firearms and way laid the farmer and also assaulted him.
As villagers rushed to Nanwa`s help, the muscle men resorted to brick batting in which at least four villagers were injured.
They then shot dead Nanwa and fled, police said.
The villagers have lodged an FIR against four accused identified as Bhoora, Bahar Ali, Firman and Kalu of the same village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read