Farmer objects to forcible reaping of crop, shot dead
Bijnore (UP): A farmer was shot dead in a village here after he objected to forcible reaping of his sugarcane crop by four muscle men of the area, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place yesterday at Ulakpur village when Nanwa (32) prevented some goons from forcibly reaping his crop.
Following his objection, they went away at that time but soon returned with firearms and way laid the farmer and also assaulted him.
As villagers rushed to Nanwa`s help, the muscle men resorted to brick batting in which at least four villagers were injured.
They then shot dead Nanwa and fled, police said.
The villagers have lodged an FIR against four accused identified as Bhoora, Bahar Ali, Firman and Kalu of the same village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP