Farmer objects to forcible reaping of crop, shot dead
Bijnore (UP): A farmer was shot dead in a village here after he objected to forcible reaping of his sugarcane crop by four muscle men of the area, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place yesterday at Ulakpur village when Nanwa (32) prevented some goons from forcibly reaping his crop.
Following his objection, they went away at that time but soon returned with firearms and way laid the farmer and also assaulted him.
As villagers rushed to Nanwa`s help, the muscle men resorted to brick batting in which at least four villagers were injured.
They then shot dead Nanwa and fled, police said.
The villagers have lodged an FIR against four accused identified as Bhoora, Bahar Ali, Firman and Kalu of the same village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!