Farmers arm-twist admin, secure release of arrested leader
Greater Noida: The district administration on Saturday secured the release of two officers of Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority, who were allegedly kidnapped by farmers, agitating for higher compensation for their land
acquired by the UP government for development work, to bargain the release of their leader and other arrested farmers.
Deputy Chief Executive Officer RK Singh and Deputy Collector SP Singh were released in the morning after the administration released the arrested farmers.
Some agitating farmers and their leader Manvir Singh Tevati were arrested last night after they turned violent when police tried to frisk them to see whether they are carrying any arms.
Following the incident, the agitators kidnapped the officers from Dankore area -- when they had gone there for negotiating the land compensation issue -- and demanded the arrested farmers` release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore