Farmers arm-twist admin, secure release of arrested leader
Greater Noida: The district administration on Saturday secured the release of two officers of Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority, who were allegedly kidnapped by farmers, agitating for higher compensation for their land
acquired by the UP government for development work, to bargain the release of their leader and other arrested farmers.
Deputy Chief Executive Officer RK Singh and Deputy Collector SP Singh were released in the morning after the administration released the arrested farmers.
Some agitating farmers and their leader Manvir Singh Tevati were arrested last night after they turned violent when police tried to frisk them to see whether they are carrying any arms.
Following the incident, the agitators kidnapped the officers from Dankore area -- when they had gone there for negotiating the land compensation issue -- and demanded the arrested farmers` release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees