Farmers arm-twist admin, secure release of arrested leader
Greater Noida: The district administration on Saturday secured the release of two officers of Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority, who were allegedly kidnapped by farmers, agitating for higher compensation for their land
acquired by the UP government for development work, to bargain the release of their leader and other arrested farmers.
Deputy Chief Executive Officer RK Singh and Deputy Collector SP Singh were released in the morning after the administration released the arrested farmers.
Some agitating farmers and their leader Manvir Singh Tevati were arrested last night after they turned violent when police tried to frisk them to see whether they are carrying any arms.
Following the incident, the agitators kidnapped the officers from Dankore area -- when they had gone there for negotiating the land compensation issue -- and demanded the arrested farmers` release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- Kandahar hijack was ''goofed up'': Former RAW chief