Farmers injured in lathi-charge in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: Farmers protesting against the construction of a hi-tech city here on Wednesday were lathi-charged when they tried to stop work at Naiphal village in Ghaziabad area.
They claimed that more than 10 farmers suffered injuries.
Farmers from Dujana, Durai, Kajipur, Nayayphal, Bayana and other villages took out their tractor trolleys and moved to stop the work alleging that their land was acquired at throw away prices.
They are demanding 64.7 per cent hiked compensation, 10 per cent developed land and 120 sqmt plot for landless farmers. They were holding agitation since July 29 at Dujana village.
Seeing the farmers marching ahead towards builder site, police used canes to disperse them. This caused panic and several farmers were injured. They were rushed to Ghaziabad hospital and discharged first aid.
ADM Ramavtar Raman and SDM Sadar reached the protest site at Dujana and tried to pacify the farmers, who said that till their demands were met, they would not allow the builder to start construction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen