Farmers injured in lathi-charge in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: Farmers protesting against the construction of a hi-tech city here on Wednesday were lathi-charged when they tried to stop work at Naiphal village in Ghaziabad area.
They claimed that more than 10 farmers suffered injuries.
Farmers from Dujana, Durai, Kajipur, Nayayphal, Bayana and other villages took out their tractor trolleys and moved to stop the work alleging that their land was acquired at throw away prices.
They are demanding 64.7 per cent hiked compensation, 10 per cent developed land and 120 sqmt plot for landless farmers. They were holding agitation since July 29 at Dujana village.
Seeing the farmers marching ahead towards builder site, police used canes to disperse them. This caused panic and several farmers were injured. They were rushed to Ghaziabad hospital and discharged first aid.
ADM Ramavtar Raman and SDM Sadar reached the protest site at Dujana and tried to pacify the farmers, who said that till their demands were met, they would not allow the builder to start construction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!
- Beware! If you are woman and using elevator alone - WATCH Video