Farmers injured in lathi-charge in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: Farmers protesting against the construction of a hi-tech city here on Wednesday were lathi-charged when they tried to stop work at Naiphal village in Ghaziabad area.
They claimed that more than 10 farmers suffered injuries.
Farmers from Dujana, Durai, Kajipur, Nayayphal, Bayana and other villages took out their tractor trolleys and moved to stop the work alleging that their land was acquired at throw away prices.
They are demanding 64.7 per cent hiked compensation, 10 per cent developed land and 120 sqmt plot for landless farmers. They were holding agitation since July 29 at Dujana village.
Seeing the farmers marching ahead towards builder site, police used canes to disperse them. This caused panic and several farmers were injured. They were rushed to Ghaziabad hospital and discharged first aid.
ADM Ramavtar Raman and SDM Sadar reached the protest site at Dujana and tried to pacify the farmers, who said that till their demands were met, they would not allow the builder to start construction.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living