Farmers must fight democratically: Rajnath
Noida: As tension continued to prevail Monday
in parts of western UP hit by farmers` agitation over land
acquisition, BJP leader Rajnath Singh appealed to the farmers
to fight for their cause in a non-violent and democratic way.
Accusing the Mayawati-led Uttar Pradesh government of
being anti-farmer, he told reporters that the state should not
forcefully acquire farmers` land.
Singh condemned the fierce clashes that broke out between
security personnel and agitating farmers on Saturday which led
to the death of two policemen and an equal number of farmers.
He said once the Land Acquisition (Amendment) Bill is
passed by Parliament, farmers will get the right to sell their
land directly to private developers.
Singh was detained while proceeding towards Bhatta
Parsaul village in Greater Noida this morning where
prohibitory orders under section 144 of IPC have been clamped
following incidents of violence.
He was released after an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary