Farmers must fight democratically: Rajnath
Noida: As tension continued to prevail Monday
in parts of western UP hit by farmers` agitation over land
acquisition, BJP leader Rajnath Singh appealed to the farmers
to fight for their cause in a non-violent and democratic way.
Accusing the Mayawati-led Uttar Pradesh government of
being anti-farmer, he told reporters that the state should not
forcefully acquire farmers` land.
Singh condemned the fierce clashes that broke out between
security personnel and agitating farmers on Saturday which led
to the death of two policemen and an equal number of farmers.
He said once the Land Acquisition (Amendment) Bill is
passed by Parliament, farmers will get the right to sell their
land directly to private developers.
Singh was detained while proceeding towards Bhatta
Parsaul village in Greater Noida this morning where
prohibitory orders under section 144 of IPC have been clamped
following incidents of violence.
He was released after an hour.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know