Farmers must fight democratically: Rajnath
Noida: As tension continued to prevail Monday
in parts of western UP hit by farmers` agitation over land
acquisition, BJP leader Rajnath Singh appealed to the farmers
to fight for their cause in a non-violent and democratic way.
Accusing the Mayawati-led Uttar Pradesh government of
being anti-farmer, he told reporters that the state should not
forcefully acquire farmers` land.
Singh condemned the fierce clashes that broke out between
security personnel and agitating farmers on Saturday which led
to the death of two policemen and an equal number of farmers.
He said once the Land Acquisition (Amendment) Bill is
passed by Parliament, farmers will get the right to sell their
land directly to private developers.
Singh was detained while proceeding towards Bhatta
Parsaul village in Greater Noida this morning where
prohibitory orders under section 144 of IPC have been clamped
following incidents of violence.
He was released after an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof